An award-winning international law firm based in Central London is seeking a Tax Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a full-time position paying up to £50,000 per annum (D.O.E) + generous benefits.
- Meeting new partners and going through new partner checklist covering capital, tax reserves, drawings and setting up agency at HMRC.
- Completing annual tax provision spreadsheet and journals.
- Preparing partners’ tax returns.
- Tax planning for partners including relief available for pension contributions.
- Preparing half-yearly tax reserve statements for partners and release of tax reserve balances.
- Calculating partner net of tax drawings allowances on joining, promotion, flexible benefits window, maternity and keeping in touch days; posting journals therefrom.
- Calculating capital requirements in accordance with HMRC, liaising with partners, calculate and post interest on capital.
- Liaising with Payroll regarding changes to Directors’ fees.
- Preparation of partner statements.
- Preparing monthly actual and budgeted partner charges and journals.
- Maintaining the partner list and ensuring CCH Personal Tax is up to date.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into partners’ tax affairs.
- ATT qualified or qualified by experience.
- At least 4/5 years’ experience in personal tax.
- Previous experience working in-house in the legal sector.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Previous experience using CCH Personal Tax Software.
- Elite practice management systems.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
- An ability to operate autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach.
- Able to process large volumes of data quickly and accurately.
- High levels of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Season free ticket loan.
- Private medical insurance.
Candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
|Job Category||Finance, Legal, Tax|