A leading membership organisation based in Central London is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to join their team. This is a Permanent, Part-Time (3 days a week) position paying a salary of up to £37,000 per annum (PRO RATA) + generous benefits.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Marketing and Communications Director with the development of strategic communications action plan which will include developing an overview of the external media environment.
- Providing professional advice on media queries, media protocols and advice on how to manage the media including advising senior stakeholders on media tactics.
- Building relationships with key journalists and editors of national media and sell in press releases.
- Supporting senior team members with the development of key policy and research reports and the communications components of corporate projects and programmes.
- Managing the contract with the media database providers and maintain media lists.
- Drafting clear press notices and statements for colleagues (e.g. Chief Executive and Head of Communications) as appropriate with assistance from the Communications and Public Affairs Officer.
- Promoting the views of the business across a wide range of media and social media outlets, including writing articles and placing editorial.
- Contributing to the communications aspects of the marketing and communications plans for key events.
- Co-ordinating communications activity across the Nations and regions through regular telephone conference calls and planning.
- Leading the monitoring and evaluation of media coverage and communications campaigns.
- Must have significant experience working in a communications, press office or other media role.
- Experience of placing articles in national and regional print, broadcast and electronic media.
- Experience of using social media as a tool to support a communications plan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a proven ability to produce high quality written work within short timescales.
- The ability to understand and communicate complex information appropriately to a variety of audiences.
- The ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organisation including negotiation and influencing skills.
- Great remuneration package inc. company pension.
- Supportive team environment & culture.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE FULL RIGHTS TO WORK IN THE UK UNRESTRICTED.
If you meet all of the above criteria, APPLY NOW!